This is a perfect recipe for a warm, sunny day! The colours of this bowl bring so much joy and the veggies contained in it will offer you vitality and nourishment! I love preparing bowls in the summer, as they are easy to assemble and you could literally make a bowl from whatever ingredient you have available! This is the beauty of it – it is a versatile and flexible way to get more variety in your diet and at the same time to make sure you use the ingredients you have at hand. 🙂 With this in mind, I want to share that I made this bowl exactly this way – using what I had at hand. I didn’t mean to share it as a recipe, but it just looked so pretty it screamed to be shared! 🙂 And so here it is. Again, if you don’t have all the ingredients at hand, you can always play around with what you have. This is the beauty of veggie bowls and of cooking in general. So see this recipe more as a guidance and maybe inspiration and then go ahead and make your own creation! And don’t forget to share it with me 🙂
Here is the recipe for my summer veggie bowl.
Summer Veggie Bowl
- For the veggies
- 1 big carrot, spiralized
- 1 red beet, spiralized
- 1/2 zucchini, spiralized
- 60gr greens (baby spinach, beet greens, arugula) For the green salad dressing
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp raw honey For the crispy chickpeas
- 100gr cooked chickpeas (either cooked from dry, or ready and drained from glass jar)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp codiander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- a pinch of salt and pepper For the tofu-spinach dip
- 100gr firm tofu
- 60gr raw spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp oat milk or more if needed
- juice of 1/2 lime
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peal the carrot and beet, and the zucchini if desired. Spiralize them using a spiralizer. Note: The thicker the veggie is, the better it will spiralize.
- In a separate bowl mix the ingredients for the green salad dressing.
- Wash and drain the green salad and add it to the dressing. Mix well until all leaves are well coated.
- Heat a meadium pan with some oil and add the chickpeas. Let them heat up and add the spices. Mix well and cook until the chickpeas become golden-brown, fragrant and a bit hard. Set aside.
- Make your tofu-spinach dip. Add the dip ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix well until you get to your desired consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk.
- Assemble your bowl: add the green salad, the spiralized veggies and the chickpeas and top up with the tofu dip.
One Thought on “Summer Veggie Bowl”
What a lovely recipe!