Happy New Year friends! I hope you had wonderful celebration and enjoyed some good food with friends and family! Now that January is here it’s time to set our resolutions (read what I do to start the year right here) and get back on track with our healthy eating habits.
Cauliflower was my favourite vegetable in December, and it still is in season. Today I want to share with you a super simple cauliflower recipe, that I love. It is so easy to make, it tastes delicious and looks pretty good too. And it takes only two steps to make!
Roasting your cauliflower whole allows you to serve it as a main dish, as it looks pretty and impressive. It can easily replace roasted chicken or turkey in the way it looks. It goes great with a lot of different dips, I find the ones based on tahini are the best for it. I have served mine with classic hummus, and everyone loved it. You can find my hummus recipe here.
Cauliflower has a lot of health benefits so make sure you include it regularly in your menu. Read more about the health benefits and selection tips in my post here. Convinced already? Then lets not waste any more time and get right to the recipe.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp harissa spice mix*
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you don’t have a ready harissa spice mix, simply mix equal parts of sweet red pepper, coriander, chilli, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric and ginger)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius
- Trip the leaves of your cauliflower and chop off the bottom part so it can sit easily.
- Wash the cauliflower and absorb the water on it well with a kitchen towel.
- Heat up a small pan and add the coconut oil. Let it melt and then add the harissa spice, salt and pepper. Mix well and take off the heat.
- With a kitchen brush gently brush the spice and oil mixture onto the cauliflower, making sure you cover every bit of it.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven and bake for about 45 min. If the cauliflower starts to get too dark on top cover it with an aluminium foil and spray with some water on top to prevent it from getting too dry.
- The cauliflower is ready when it is soft and tender.