I love pancakes on a Sunday morning! Or any morning… They are quick and easy to prepare, taste delicious and provide you with energy for the entire day! There is something about preparing them while still in your pyjamas and then enjoy rolling them together and getting your hands sticky from the maple syrup.. 🙂 I have been trying different pancake recipes, and I really like this one because it is sweet, filling and super easy. Eggs and banana actually go really well together, and the bananas give the pancakes a thicker texture and makes the mixture stick better. I use chestnut flour instead of white flour, because it has a higher nutritional value and it is also gluten-free. It contains high quality proteins, dietary fiber and a low amount of fat. It is also a source of B-vitamins, potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. Chestnut floor also gives a special nutty, slightly earthy flavour that balances out the sweetness from the banana.
So here is how to make these pancakes:
Ingredients (makes about 4-5 pancakes):
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp grated coconut
- 6 tbsp chestnut flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup almond milk (you can add a bit more if you find the texture too thick)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Strawberries and maple syrup for garnish
- Whisk the eggs well in a big bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until you have a liquid and even texture.
- Add the coconut oil to a pan and heat it up on a high heat. Once hot, lower the heat to medium-high.
- Fill up half a ladle with the pancake mixture and slowly distribute it along the pan. Wait until the bottom side is cooked and is easy to be removed from the pan. Then flip the pancake and cook the other side. Repeat until you finish the pancake liquid.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and garnish with maple syrup, shredded coconut, and strawberries.
2 Thoughts on “Banana Pancakes”
I’ve been looking for a healthy pancake recipe! My fiancé loves pancakes. But I don’t eat eggs – do you have a suggestion for a replacement?
Hi Joanna, you can substitute the egg with a plant-based egg replacer (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water) are the equivalent of an egg. Let them form a gel and just stir in the mixture. Hope this helps and enjoy the pancakes! 🙂