This is currently my favourite salad and I am making it almost every day! It tastes so fresh and I love the crunchy texture it provides.
With only four ingredients this spring salad is super easy to make and provides you with lots of nutrition from the seasonal veggies it contains.
Did you know that purple cabbage contains more protective phytonutrients than the green one because of its higher concentration in anthocyanin polyphenols?(1) They provide with a lot of health benefits as dietary antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. This inexpensive and humble vegetable is rich in anti-aging vitamin C, one cup of raw purple cabbage contains 60% of your daily requirement. It also contains vitamin A (20% of your dietary requirements per cup), which is important for your skin, eye health and immune strength. A great source of fiber, which is great for detoxification and improved digestion.
Radishes are often under appreciated and many people don’t consume them at all. But they contain a lot of nutritional benefits, and you should take advantage that they are in season now and stock up on them. They contain folate (great for pregnant women), fiber and potassium. They help relieve indigestion and eliminate toxins. Because of their content in vitamin C, as well as phosphorus and zinc they help in keeping your body hydrated and your skin fresh and plump.
Cucumbers are high in enzyme-charged water, nutrients, electrolytes and B vitamins that will keep you hydrated and help improve your skin. They contain potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium and are a great addition to any salad.
So here is what you will need for this beautifying spring salad:
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- 1/3 of a red cabbage head
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1-2 spring onions
- 2-3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the purple cabbage into thin and short stripes (you can use the shredding function of your food processor if you have one)
- Clean and cut the radishes into small circles
- Cut the cucumber into cubes or half-circles
- Chop the spring onions into thin circles
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper