Inspired by the rich colors of fall this soup is great for lunch. You can also heat it up if you feel like you crave something warming.
Ingredients for the soup: (serves 4)
- 4-5 corn cobs (raw or pre-cooked) divided
- 500 ml almond milk (I use unsweetened Vanilla Dream from Go Gusto, or you can make your own almond milk)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- pich of Himalayan salt and fresh pepper
- 2 tomatos cubed
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- 100 gr pumpkin seeds
- Place the corn and almond milk in a blender or food processor and process until sooth but still chunky.
- Add the smoked paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper and mix again.
- Top each bowl with tomato, avocado and pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of magnesium, which is good for your heart. They contain omega-3 fatty acids and are a good source of zinc.