This is such a quick and easy recipe and trust me, it tastes delicious! Whenever you are in the mood for something sweet or for an ice-cream, this will hit the spot for you, leaving you satisfied and guilt-free. The best part of this recipe is that it proves that you can satisfy a not so healthy craving with whole fruits! I like ice cream, but I do not like the amount of sugar, fat and cream that goes into regular ice cream recipes (especially the store-brought ones!). This is why I prefer to make my own ice cream or sorbet. You get that icy and sweet flavour and you can enjoy it to the fullest knowing that what you are consuming is free from refined sugars, and contains only whole fruits. Sounds pretty good, right?
So here is what you need for this baked banana with strawberry sorbet recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
For the baked banana:
- 2 ripe bananas
- juice of 1 lime
- a dash of cinnamon
- coconut flakes (optional)
For the strawberry sorbet (Serves 4)
- 2 ripe bananas (can be frozen)
- 300gr frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and slice the bananas length-wise and place them on a baking sheet
- Pour the lime juice over them evenly, sprinkle some cinnamon on top and place the bananas in the oven.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until you start smelling the warm scent of the cinnamon and the bananas turn a bit brown and get softer.
- Take them out of the oven and serve on a plate.
- Place the bananas and frozen strawberries in a food processor and blend until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add some maple syrup and blend again.
- You can then freeze the sorbet or enjoy it immediately.
Scoop out some of the sorbet and place it on the plate next to the baked banana. Sprinkle with some coconut flakes. Enjoy!
One Thought on “Baked banana with strawberry sorbet”