These rolls are quick, easy and nutritious and I like to prepare them for lunch with a side of a green salad or just pack them in a food container and bring them along when I’m traveling. They hold pretty well together and make a delicious and nourishing snack too.
As we are coming back from our holidays, and summer is slowly coming to an end, these are a perfect recipe for back-to-school, back-to-work.
Chickpeas are a favorite legume of mine. They are good source of protein (8.86g per 100g), dietary fiber (7.6g per 100g) and contain plenty of vitamins and minerals. A few of these include iron, zinc, magnesium and folate.
Using a nori sheet to wrap it all up will additionally provide you with iodine, which is important for the thyroid.
You can add any fresh veggies you prefer, I used radish as it’s mustardy flavor combined pretty well with the rest of the ingredients, and the carrot and celery gave it all a nice crunch.
The nutritional yeast elevates the flavors further and provides you with a boost of complex B vitamins and zinc. 😉
How to store
You can store the ready mixture in the fridge and wrap it in a nori sheet when you’re ready to eat it.
Back-To-School Chickpea Wraps
- 3 nori sheets
- 240g chickpeas, drained
- 2-3 radishes, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced For the dressing:
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard Topping:
- baby spinach
- nutritional yeast
- Drain the chickpeas really well and dry with a kitchen towel. Place them in a bowl and mash them well until they sort of stick together.
- Chop up the radish, carrot and celery in small dices and add them to the chickpeas.
- In another bowl place all the dressing ingredients and mix them well together.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpeas and veggies and mix until everything is well coated.
- Place one nori sheet on a flat surface. With a spoon slowly start adding the chickpea mixture on the nori sheet and press with the back of the spoon so that the mixture sticks tightly to the nori sheet.
- If you add other toppings, make sure you add them only to one side of the nori sheet and top them over each other (see video).
- Roll the nori sheet tightly into a wrap by holding the toppings with your fingers and rolling the nori sheet over them. Press tightly while you do this and continue until you have a roll.
- Discard the ends and slice the roll in the middle.