Do you wonder if you can get enough protein from plant-based sources? And even if you know you can, do you struggle with food combination and question whether you are doing it all correctly? A lot of people still seem to think that the major source of protein in our diet should come from meat and dairy. But this is a very limited point of view. You will be surprised to know how many plant foods contain protein! And while many will argue that the plant-based protein is not complete, hence it is of a lower quality than meat, the truth is that getting complete protein from plant-based sources is not as difficult as it might seem once you learn a few simple tricks.
The purpose of this workshop is to give you all the information you need to have on plant-based protein sources in one simple guide. After the workshop you will no longer have any doubts or worries about your protein intake. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian or want to reduce your meat consumption, this workshop will provide you with some insightful information. I have teamed up with Nature Elements who will kindly host us at their restaurant La Table B and will provide the fresh and organic ingredients for the recipe testing. You will also have the opportunity to buy a basket with the ingredients for the recipes from them.
Save the date: Plant-based Proteins 101
When: September 20th 2017 from 18:30h until 20:30
Where: La Table B, 1 Rue Nicolas van Werveke, 2725 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Price: 35 EUR per person
Here is what we will cover during the workshop in more detail:
- What is protein and why do we need it
- How much protein do we really need
- What happens if we get too much or too little protein?
- Complete vs. incomplete proteins
- Top 10 plant-based protein sources
- How to combine food to make a complete protein?
- Do we need to combine incomplete proteins at each meal?
- Recipe demonstration with properly combined plant-based proteins
You will leave the workshop with:
- A complete guide on the top plant-based protein sources and their proper combination
- An estimate for your personal daily protein requirement
- Recipes that are rich in plant-based proteins
- Recipe sampling during the workshop
- An option to buy a basket with the ingredients for the recipes from Nature Elements
We will have fun preparing and tasting a few recipes together as usual! As spaces are limited, make sure you reserve your spot on time. You can send me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to do so. I look forward to seeing you!