Hello again! Here we are with the last recipe from the perfect summer dip series. I have saved the best for last! 🙂 This dip is just so incredibly pretty, I love the bright pink colour it has, it just brightens up your mood immediately! It will get people guessing what’s inside, and this can be a fun game, as the flavour is so special and unique and it might take a while to get the ingredients right. And that’s a good thing!
I am a big fan of cashew based sauces and I regularly make cashew sour cream for burgers and tacos. But the combination of beetroot and cashew is quite a special one. Cashews give that perfect smooth texture and creaminess, while beets add the sweetness and earthiness. I did find you need more ingredients to make this combination more exciting, so don’t feel alarmed when you see the rest of the ingredients, they add to the completeness of the flavour. I really like the outcome of this recipe, and can’t stop eating this dip, so I hope you will like it too!
As you know beetroot is a super healthy vegetable as it has been proven it can improve stamina and lower blood pressure. But it also contains lots of vitamin C, potassium and manganese. Beets are a great source of folate – so pregnant women or women who plan to get pregnant soon, should consume this veggie on a regular basis.
Cashews are packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, such as vitamin E, K, B6, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, zinc and selenium. Consuming foods that contain magnesium can help reduce the frequency of migraines. Magnesium and copper work together to provide for more bone strength. Also cashews contain zero cholesterol, but they are high in fat, so if you are trying to lose weight you should not consume them too often.
The other main ingredient in this recipe is hemp seeds. They are an excellent source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which promote cardiovascular health and a great source of quality plant-based protein. They are also a source of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, calcium and iron.
So here is what you will need to make this super pretty and tasty dip.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (preferably soaked for about 2 hours)
- 1/3 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 boiled beetroot, chopped in cubes
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp water, or more depending on the consistency you are after
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, without the water and blend well.
- Start adding the water slowly while blending, giving some time for the dip to form a nice consistency and scraping any ingredients from the side of the food processor back into the mixture.
- Blend until you get a creamy, pink texture.
- Enjoy alongside some crackers and raw veggies.