I want to share this quick recipe with you. I found it very satisfying and fresh, it makes for a great lunch, and is perfect if you have any left-over cooked lentils (which was my case). I always cook some grains on Sundays so that I can easily use them during the week. This week I had lentils and brown rice, other times it is quinoa or millet. I love it because when you are busy, all you need to do is simply to chop up some fresh veggies, make a nice dressing and mix it all in with the grains you have. I really would recommend you trying this routine, it saves you a lot of time and will allow you to make healthy choices during the week, without much effort.
Now that I am pregnant I do eat feta cheese (must be my Bulgarian genes kicking in), so this salad is with feta. If you don’t eat cheese, simply omit it. Here is what you will need for this salad:
Ingredients (makes 2 portions):
- 80gr cooked green or brown lentils
- 3-4 handfuls of rocket salad
- 100 gr cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced in cubes
- feta cheese, sliced in cubes
- handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of half lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the rocket salad in a salad spinner. Add to a salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad bowl.
- Mix everything well and enjoy!