If you are like me and love banana bread, please read on, because you are about to be amazed!
I have been trying many different recipes to create a delicious and healthy banana bread, and this one is by far my absolute favourite! When making banana bread, or any other kind of cake, the ingredients are of extreme importance to me, but this is not always a guarantee that you will get a result with the taste and texture that you are after. A cake for me has to be satisfying, it has to taste like cake. In the end, isn’t it why you are making it? And when you get that satisfaction, knowing that what you have put in that cake is also good for you – Bingo, you know you got the perfect recipe! This recipe is also so easy to make, you need only 5 minutes preparation for it. So I am very happy to share this one with you, and please let me know how you liked it when you make it! You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram, using #cherryblueberry or tag me @veselasavova_, I would love to see your creations!
So here is what you will need for this banana bread:
Ingredients (makes one medium sized loaf)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of Medjool dates
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50gr pecan nuts
- Heat the oven to 160 C degrees.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork and place them in a food processor.
- Remove the pits from the dates and place them in the food processor. Together with the bananas blend until you get a nice and creamy consistency.
- Beat the two eggs with a fork and add them to the bananas and dates and blend again. You will get a nice and fluffy creamy texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (without the pecans) to the food processor and blend until you get a doughy texture.
- Grease a loaf tin with some coconut oil and insert the dough inside. Add the pecan nuts and mix well.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
Enjoy with some almond butter or fresh fruit!