This is one of my favourite breakfasts ever! It is so easy to make and is so delicious! It will fill you up and provide you with fiber and a lot of nutrients. I like to switch the ingredients, so I don’t get bored, so I always use whatever fruits I have at hand, and sometimes add more seeds and lees of the fruits.
You really don’t need much time to prepare this breakfast, it will take you just about 5 minutes, while your tea is brewing or your coffee is getting ready and you will be ready to go!
Here is what you need for this nourishing oat bowl:
Ingredients: (Serves 1-2)
- 1 cup of non dairy milk (almond or oat milk)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3-4 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp acai berry powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/2 kiwi sliced
- nut butter of your choice (In the picture I am using a macadamia nut butter from Nux, which is spectacular!)
- Slowly heat up the milk in a small pot and add the oats. Mix well for a few minutes until the oats expand and you get a nice, creamy texture.
- Add the blueberries, acai powder and sweeten with honey .
- You can already add the chia seeds to the mixture as well.
- Once you get nice consistency that is creamy and fluffy, take the oats off the heat and place them in a bowl.
- Top up with the sliced fruits and nut butter