This is a quick post, in which I want to share with you a recent recipe I tried. I don’t know about you, but now with the nice warm weather I only crave fresh or grilled veggies! I am eating so much of them lately!
But eating just veggies can be a little boring, and I find adding a nice dip to them makes the experience even more delightful. I was craving a more substantial dip, that will give you that Yum feeling and will fill you up as well. This next recipe is what I found in Veganomicon and it hit the spot for me. If you like beans make sure you give it a try! It is super easy to make! Here is how:
White Bean Aioli
- 400g white beans, drained and rinsed (Make sure you get the bio ones in a jar, rather than in a can)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Several pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- Combine the beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl to get everything.
- Preheat a small pan over low heat. Cook the garlic in the olive oil, for about 2-3 minutes. You just want to gently heat it, not brown it.
- Add the garlic and oil to the mixture in the blender and puree.
- Taste for salt, pepper, and lemon, and adjust to your liking.
Enjoy along with some grilled veggies or as a sandwich spread.